Community Development Coordinator - Canberra, ACT
- Full Time, Fixed Term Contract
- Work with an energetic and innovative team
- Join a growing and vibrant organisation where Everyone Matters'
Feros Care is proud to partner with the NDIS to deliver Local Area Coordination services in your community.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate individual to facilitate and implement a range of innovative and educational activities within your local community.
As a Community Development Coordinator (CDC), you will engage people with disability and their families, NDIS stakeholder organisations and broader community organisations to help build the capacity of the local community to remove barriers to inclusion; supporting individuals to be self-determining, resourceful and resilient and service providers to be more flexible, responsive and person centred.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate and participate in a range of engagement and capacity building activities including: workshops, information sessions, presentations, expos, festivals, meetings etc
- Implement and lead comprehensive multi-faceted community engagement and capacity building initiatives which promote diversity, inclusion and cultural awareness together with the engagement and participation of people living with disability who are from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD), LGBTI and/or socially disadvantaged backgrounds
- Participate in local planning committees to effectively roll out strategic community development and capacity building plans
- Identify community needs, service gaps and barriers to access through liaising and consulting with people with disabilities and their families, disability service providers and community organisations
- Budget management and the management of casual staff and volunteers
What will you bring to the table?
- Significant proven experience working with community groups and organisations
- Have a good understanding of community capacity building models
- Exceptional interpersonal skills are a must
- High level of computer literacy
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in social sciences, marketing or similar experience
- Demonstrated project management and event experience
- Highly developed analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in new program development, implementation and rollout
- Experience and Knowledge of the Disability sector and the NDIS legislation, frameworks, guidelines and implementation program
- Ability to work flexible hours, dependant on work requirements
- Current drivers licence
Work Perks (the goodies!):
- Full time, fixed term contract until June 2021
- Be part of an organisation who’s shaking up the aged care and disability industries
- Smash your New Year’s resolutions with a free gym membership
- Keeping health and wellbeing at the top of mind, take advantage of our Employee Assistance Program
- Salary packaging
- Technology kits including a laptop and smart phone
- You’ll be backed by a training and development team committed to your continuous face to face and online learning
- Truly fun, flexible and supportive work environment – we walk the talk
- A chance to be recognised and rewarded
- Plus, meaningful experiences where you know you are making a positive impact in the local community every day
Variety is the spice of life - everyone is welcome and everyone matters at Feros Care. We are proud to be an inclusive organisation, embracing all people, regardless of ethnicity, culture, gender, identity, sexual orientation or disability.
Feros Care acknowledges the traditional owners of this land, the Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander People of this Country. We also pay respects to Elders past and present, who strive to build a better and more sustainable future for future generations.