General Manager, Local Area Coordination - Tweed Heads, NSW
- Lead our Local Area Coordination program to success
- Full Time, Fixed Term Contract (2 years)
- Do your best life work!
Feros Care is seeking a highly experienced General Manager to further develop and lead our Local Area Coordination (LAC) service under the NDIS. With your extensive leadership experience you will manage the day to day operations of our program, ensuring operational viability and sustainability, building on Feros Care LAC's solid reputation of reliability and excellence. Resourcing, motivating and managing our regional LAC teams to support people with disability to exercise choice and control, to engage and contribute to the social and economic development of their communities and to live their best life.
What you’ll be up to:
The General Manager – LAC will provide exemplary leadership while ensuring the LAC service is meeting the needs of the community and the NDIS contractual obligations in a sustainable and financially responsible manner.
- Oversight of the efficient and effective management of the LAC program and the day-to-day operations of the mobile LAC workforce
- Lead and inspire an established close knit team of high achieving managers who thrive on helping Scheme participants
- Lead an exceptional workplace culture where LAC teams feel they can achieve their best life’s work at Feros Care
- Build, foster and maintain robust relationships with NDIS, NDIA personnel and key stakeholder groups to ensure the success of the LAC program and promote the good reputation of the NDIS and of Feros Care
The boxes you have to tick:
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing a large community based service and/or workforce of 180+ staff members
- Sound knowledge and experience with the NDIS
- Demonstrated experience in disability services or a lived experience
- Tertiary qualifications in health, management, social science or similar
- Demonstrated experience in managing a multi-regional service operations with an in depth understanding of the key business drivers
- Ability to travel interstate as required and be away from home a minimum of 5 nights per month to undertake stakeholder engagement and support regional LAC teams
- Demonstrated ability and experience to identify and prioritise complex problems and issues, generate solutions and work collaboratively to achieve a successful outcome.
- Be part of an organisation that's shaking up the industry
- Backed by a training and development team committed to your continuous learning
- Smash your New Year’s resolutions with a free gym membership
- Keeping health and well-being at the top of mind, take advantage of our Employee Assistance Program
- A chance to be recognised and rewarded
- Salary sacrificed fully serviced vehicle and salary packaging
- Supportive work environment – we walk the talk
- We’re on the good side, supporting people to live vibrant, healthy, independent and connected lives
- Plus, meaningful experiences where you know you are making a positive impact
Who is Feros Care and why would I want to be a part of the team?
We are a not-for-profit, people centred organisation dedicated to supporting people to live their BEST LIFE! We have been offering quality care and support services for Australians since 1990. We are proud to have been part of the NDIS supporting people with disability for the last two years in Mackay, Townsville, South Australia and ACT.
When successful, you will be required to undertake a criminal records check in accordance with legislation (including working with children and vulnerable people clearance) and have the right to work in Australia.
Variety is the spice of life - everyone is welcome and everyone matters at Feros Care. We are proud to be an inclusive organisation, embracing all people, regardless of ethnicity, culture, gender, identity, sexual orientation or disability.