Local Area Coordinator - ACT
- Join an award winning not-for-profit organisation
- Full-time opportunities available
- Competitive base salary + super + salary packaging
Feros Care is proud to partner with the NDIS to deliver Local Area Coordination services in your community.
We are looking for LAC superstars to help us with our vision to support people with disability to live their best life by exercising choice and control. If this sounds like you, then please read on.
What are we offering?
- Salary packaging (up to $15,899 per annum tax free)
- A fully maintained company car and fuel that you may use for personal use (annual deduction for use of company car is $5,500)
- Access to comprehensive health and well-being programs
- Technology kits including a laptop and smart phone
- Positive team culture where everyone matters
- Being a part of a forward thinking and non-traditional company
About the Role:
Reporting into the Service Area Manager, the Local Area Coordinator (LAC) will play a central role in helping people with disability to live valued, quality and contributing lives by building relationships and connections within the community and to provide practical means to make this happen.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
ssist participants to develop a Plan which includes their goals, needs and wishesGuide and assist participants to develop their options and build capacity to undertake self-management
- Assist people deemed by NDIS as not eligible for Scheme, their families, and carers with information linkages and supports to utilise natural supports and connect with their community.
- Work in collaboration with a mobile workforce to advocate wellbeing and empowerment for people with disability
- Build and maintain strong relationships and positive partnerships with external stakeholders in the wider community to build a more inclusive community to facilitate effective access and appropriate referral to a diverse range of service providers
Essential requirements for this role:
- A relevant qualification in disability, community services, child services, or lived experience of disability.
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to working with and delivering high quality services to people with disability, their families, carers and local communities, or a lived experience.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders to build and strengthen capacity and inclusive community practices.
- Confident and everyday user of technology and the internet.
- Current unrestricted drivers licence.
- The ability to attend initial training and orientation in our head office at Coolangatta, QLD
Who is Feros Care and why would I want to be a part of the team?
We are a not-for-profit, people centred organisation dedicated to supporting people to live their BEST LIFE! We have been offering quality care and support services for older Australians since 1990. We are now very excited to be a part of the NDIS supporting people with disability.
At Feros Care, we truly believe that ‘everyone matters’ and actively seek to include, welcome and value the unique contributions of all people. Our culture, our core values and the connection we have with the community is driven by our 700 staff members who represent 28 different cultures including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders. We strive to be a leader and advocate for diversity and inclusion. We harness a culture that embraces individual differences in all its glory.
We encourage people with disability, lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this job.
When successful, you will be required to undertake a criminal records check in accordance with legislation and have the right to work in Australia.
A working with children check will be required for all successful candidates as per State Legislation. Feros Care will facilitate this process.
For more information about this role and to view the position description, please visit the careers section on our Feros Care website by clicking on the following link: https://www.feroscare.com.au/current-vacancies-new/
Applications Close: Wednesday, 17 Jan 2018