Local Area Coordinator - Canberra, ACT
- Join an award winning not-for-profit organisation
- Work with an energetic and innovative team
- Full Time Fixed Term Contract until June 2021
Feros Care is proud to partner with the NDIS to deliver Local Area Coordination services in your community.
We are looking for LAC superstars to help us with our vision to support people with a disability to live their best life by exercising choice and control.
Feros Care Local Area Coordinators (LACs) play a central role in helping people with disability to live valued, quality and contributing lives by building relationships and connections within the community and to provide practical means to make this happen.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Assist participants to develop a Plan which includes their goals, needs and wishes
- Guide and assist participants to develop their options and build capacity to undertake self-management
- Assist people deemed by NDIS as not eligible for Scheme, their families, and carers with information linkages and supports to utilise natural supports and connect with their community
- Work in collaboration with a mobile workforce to advocate wellbeing and empowerment for people with disability
- Build and maintain strong relationships and positive partnerships with external stakeholders in the wider community to build a more inclusive community to facilitate effective access and appropriate referral to a diverse range of service providers
If we could create our perfect LAC, they would:
- Be committed and passionate about enabling people to live their best lives
- Be confident in communication and engagement
- Love working in a tight nit team but also know when it’s time to knuckle in and get the job done
- Sharing your infinite wisdom with your teammates sparks joy and excitement
- Be a Confident and everyday user of technology and the internet
- Have a sense of adventure
- Ready to smash stereotypes around disability
The boxes you will tick:
- A relevant qualification in disability, community services, child services, or lived experience of disability
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to working with and delivering high quality services to people with disability, their families, carers and local communities
- Demonstrated experience and an in-depth understanding of person-centred strengths-based planning and review
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders to build and strengthen capacity and inclusive community practices
- Current clean unrestricted drivers licence
- The ability to attend initial training and orientation in our head office at Coolangatta, QLD or travel to another location for up to 4 weeks (associated costs for travel and accomodation covered by Feros Care)
Work Perks (the goodies!):
- Be part of an organisation who’s shaking up the aged care and disability industries
- Smash your New Year’s resolutions with a free gym membership
- Keeping health and wellbeing at the top of mind, take advantage of our Employee Assistance Program
- Salary packaging
- Technology kits including a laptop and smart phone
- You’ll be backed by a training and development team committed to your continuous face to face and online learning
- Truly fun, flexible and supportive work environment – we walk the talk
- A chance to be recognised and rewarded
- Plus, meaningful experiences where you know you are making a positive impact in the local community every day
Variety is the spice of life - everyone is welcome and everyone matters at Feros Care. We are proud to be an inclusive organisation, embracing all people, regardless of ethnicity, culture, gender, identity, sexual orientation or disability.
Feros Care acknowledges the traditional owners of this land, the Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander People of this Country. We also pay respects to Elders past and present, who strive to build a better and more sustainable future for future generations.